If you are an Indian or foreigner, who has no exposure to Indian Classical Music and Dance, but would like to understand the intricacies of a recital in order to appreciate the art better – then the Appreciation course in Carnatic music and Bharatanatyam are best suited for you. You may begin with that and proceed as your interest develops.
If you would like to pursue a One to One course in instrumental music, you should be in possession of an instrument before commencement of course sessions. For guidance as to how to procure the instruments contact our helpline @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-44-4301 6555
- On successful completion of the registration process on the www.eambalam.com portal you will become a registered student.
- Intimation to this effect specifying your registration details and username and password will be sent to you via email.
- Our technical team will then help you to set up your system for the E-learning course and use of the LMS ( Learning management system).
- On successful completion of technical orientation you can start your course as per the schedule agreed upon.
A] DIPLOMA COURSES
Karnātic Music Vocal + Yoga – Semester system
- 4 year basic Diploma Course
- 3 year Advanced Diploma Course
Bharathanātyam + Yoga – Semester system
- 4 year basic Diploma Course
- 2 year Advanced Diploma Course
B] SHORT TERM CERTIFICATE COURSES - Music
- Music Appreciation Course – 21 days
- Noṭṭuswaras in Karnātic Music – 1 month
- Yoga and fitness for musicians – 2 months
- Theories in Karnātic Music – Basic – 2 months
- Jathiswarams in Karnātic Music– 2 months
- Swarajathis in Karnātic Music– 2 months
- Theories in Karnātic Music – Intermediate -3 months
- Swarasthhāna in Karnātic Music – Basic – 4 months
- Swarasthhāna in Karnātic Music – Advanced– 4 months
- Rhythm and melody in Karnātic Music – 4 months
- Jathiswarams and Swarajathis in Karnātic music– 4 months
- Voice Culture in Karnātic Music – Basic -5 months
- Voice Culture in Karnātic Music – Advanced-5 months
- Gīthams in Karnātic Music-5 months
- Concise Introduction to Karnātic Music – 6 months
SHORT TERM CERTIFICATE COURSES - Dance
- Foundation Course in Bhedhas – 6 weeks
- Foundation Course in Hastha Mudhrās – 10 weeks
- Foundation Course in Bhedhas and Hastha Mudhrās – 4 months
- Yoga and fitness for dancers – 4 months
- Concise Introduction to Bharathanātyam – 6 months
- Basic theories of Bharathanātyam – 6 months
- Master Classes in Abhinaya – 6 months
- Foundation Course in Aḍavu – 12 months
C] GRADE SYSTEM OF LEARNING
- Grade system of learning – Music – Kids
- Grade system of learning – Music - Adults
- Grade system of learning– Dance – Kids
- Grade system of learning– Dance - Adults
D] ONE TO ONE VIRTUAL CLASSES:
- Hindhusthāni– Vocal & Thabl ā
- Karnātic– Violin, Mrudhaṅgam, Ghhaṭam & Kanjīra
- Indian Rhythm
- Special Course In Nattuvāṅgam
This course is not only about reading long texts.
All the essential concepts of Carnatic music are explained with the help of multimedia contents like video from instructors, word documents, and Power-point presentations. Online interactions with fellow students, teachers are available through chat/ blogs and online discussion forums etc.
The courses have been split into semesters and each semester into modules. The modules are presented as per international standards of Instructional design and the template used for learning is very user friendly.
Students can view videos, read content, take tests and record themselves, before submitting the same for review to the instructors, all out of one template. Videos can be viewed as many times for the purpose of learning. Students have value added products like the audio downloads for practice, downloads of learning material, glossary etc.
These templates are places inside a very user-friendly Learning Management System which enables students to see their weekly schedule, class schedule, interact in forums, post blogs, receive and send messages through a private message centre.
The one to one sessions can be scheduled and held from your login home page ( is the first page after you login) and advanced conferencing tools like whiteboard, session recording facility, screen sharing, etc. are available.
All said, you still require a quiet surrounding to perceive the audio and anti-glare conditions to perceive video. It will be most ideal if you have space around you to instantly practice and reproduce lessons.
Don't worry if you are not “tech-savvy”: the eAmbalam courses are very user-friendly and basic knowledge of use of computer, like checking mails is sufficient to be able to figure out navigation in our courses
Throughout the course, in the event of you facing any technical or course related difficulties, our technical team will resolve any issues and help you to focus on contents rather than technology.
Assignments are of two types:
- That in which the student records oneself after doing self study & submits it to the teacher before the next Meet Your Teacher Session. This is critical & compulsory for course completion & certification.
- That in which additional work is allotted by the faculty at their discretion to the student in relation with their course. This may be optional, but extra credits are accrued to the student by completing this & are definitely beneficial.
As mentioned above the student will be required by the course to involve in strong self study one to one interaction with the teacher.
Self study here denotes a variety of activities: learning from online videos, reading text assignments, practice & sharing your ideas or doubts in the course forums etc.
The privacy of several course forums helps you to interact with others effectively, be it with fellow participants or any one of your tutors.
Tests & quizzes for self-evaluation are made available whenever required for a particular course.
Again you may be required to record yourself & submit the same to your instructor, to facilitate evaluation of progress.
As a result, the course revolves around your personal involvement in a particularsubject in a gradual manner.
Our secured payment gateway allows you to make payments in multiple currencies using credit cards, debit cards and net banking facilities.
In case you do not remember your password, then select “Please resend my password”. Your enrollment details will be resent to you to the registered email id.
Though they have started their training and are in various stages of learning, they will immensely benefit from the structure of the short-term certificate courses as they have been collated with the student in mind.
Call us for unique ways we could partner together in this venture…
For diploma &short term certificate courses: Consider setting aside about one hour per day over the entire course period for active participation; & a little more for an in-depth exploration of the course topics you are most passionate about.
For Grade system of learning: You need to invest a total of 2hours per week over each level for understanding the syllabus & moving ahead to the next.
As in any educational environment & learning processes, the rewards for your participation in any course will be commensurate with your personal involvement.
The rules of attendance are as follows:
- If the student misses the Meet Your Teacher Session, to the extent of 2 classes in a period of 3 months, substitute sessions will be arranged for.
- If the faculty misses the Meet Your Teacher Sessions, a substitute one will be surely arranged for in the nearest time period.
If you are –
- A young student who has had no prior training in Indian music &dance would like start from the very beginning,
- An adult who has had no prior training in Indian music early in life & would like to nevertheless start taking courses with a credible certification,
- An adult who has had prior training in music & dance, but would like to solidify the learning by taking up a systematic and thorough course without a credible certification,
- A student taking courses from a local teacher, but would like to solidify the leaning by taking up a systematic & thorough course with credible certification.
- A student studying or pursuing western or non- western streams of music & would like to have a deeper understanding of Indian classical music & dance,
then these courses are for you.
You can clarify whatever the doubts you have about the particular course which you are going to choose and the procedures involved in the MYTS classes and all relevant formalities of the course before enrolling for the same. You can do this by either going through eAmbalam portal’s FAQ & Academic Policies sections or you can even write a mail directly to email@example.com about your doubts and get it clarified before enrolling as the fee once paid will not be refundable for any reasons other than medical related ones for which you need to provide a medical certificate from a certified doctor.
Students should attend the class regularly to get maximum benefit from the course. Rules regarding “Meet your teacher sessions-MYTS” are clearly explained in the “Attendance Policy” section in our academic policies. Please refer the following link for the same:-
If you are going to be unavailable for any class, you have to inform the same to the concerned faculty by mail at least 48 hours in advance and mark a ‘CC’ of the same mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last minute cancellations will be considered as one class and no compensation class will be conducted for the same.
In case of emergencies, please contact:
Landline: +91-44-4301 6555 / +91-44-2446 1690 (India) & 716-AMBALAM (USA)
Mobile: +91 80562 94952